Q: What is the storage usage on the SD card?
A: The quantity of data storage can be calculated with our “power consumption tool”.
- Choose the number of parameters to monitor
– Choose the Data Log Interval
– Set Transfer Interval equal to the Data Log Interval
– Choose “FTP” as protocol. (The FTP protocol is adding very low overhead in kB on the sent data, so the kB sent is about the SD storage usage).
– Number of kB/Month gives the storage usage.
– Multiply with 12 and you have the storage consumption per year on the SD card.
Example with 12 parameters, Data Interval 10 minutes:
4464 kb/Month will generate 53.5 Mb/year for SD storage.
On a 8Gb SD card, you can store 100’s years of data…