LiFePO4 charger for solar powered data loggers
The ML-COVER-LFP is a power provision cover fitting our ML-417 off-grid LTE-m & NB-IoT data logger. An ML-417 can be powered from 1 to 4 LiFePO4 18650 3.2V cells, which can be charged by connecting an external solar panel.
This power provision might be a convenient alternative, if your application needs a bit more energy than an ML-COVER-PV with integrated 1Wp solar panel can yield and store, but you want to avoid using an external 12V battery.
About the battery chemistry
Advanced cycle life
LiFePO4 is a stable and safe battery chemistry with an excellent cycle life (over 1000 cycles at 100% DOD and thousands at 80% DOD). The energy round trip efficiency is much better than that of NiMH or Lead Acid batteries, so you can yield more energy from a same sized solar panel.
Please use our online Data logger power consumption calculator to estimate the battery life of your application.
- Batteries (not included)
- Chemistry: LiFePO4 (LFP)
- Cell voltage: 3.2V Nominal
- State of Charge (3.1V<5%, 3.2V<20%, 3.25V<50%, 3.3V<90%, 3.4V<100%)
- Cell type: 18650
- Holders: 4, up to 7200mAh (23Wh)
- Charge controller
- Cell over charge protection
- Cell charge temperature protection
- Cell low voltage protection (auto output switch-off at 2.5V)
- Solar input (X1)
- Number of cells: 36
- Nominal voltage: 12V
- Open circuit voltage: 21V recommended (18V..28V)
- Outputs (X2):
- 3.2V to power the data logger.1)
- Enclosure part
- IP68 (30min@2m) waterproof enclosure.
- UV stabilized polycarbonate.
- 130x120x40mm, 215g.
- Silicone gasket
- 4x stainless steel (A2/W4/304) M4 bolt (25mm)
1) You have to set the “Battery (protection & lifespan)” property in the ML-417 to “Rechargeable LFP” to prevent the data logger to fall into a continuous deep sleep (NiMH battery protection mode)!
Discover the possibilities
Want to know more about what YDOC can do to help you with your quest for the right data logger? Do not hesitate to get in contact.