ML-017 – standalone data logger
Low power standalone data logger
The ML-017 data logger is similar to the ML-417 however this measurement devices does not include the cellular communication abilities. Making it a cost efficient solution for on-premises data logging or as a stand alone data logging device.
Equipped with an ML-OA-WIFI option board this device can also de used for wireless data logging via WiFi.
Our multi-purpose data logger is customizable for any application
Available with several power provisions (e.g. batteries, DC input, solar panel input etc.)
2 current loop inputs, 2 voltage inputs, 1 potentiometer input and 3 digital inputs.
Provided with a serial port to capture measurements from ASCII, MODBUS, NMEA or SDI-12 compatible sensors
Up to 8 mathematical channels are available to calculate meaningful engineering values derived from sensor input values
Cost efficient data logging solution
A self providing monitoring station
When equipped with the integrated solar panel and ML-OA-WIFI option board a complete self providing wireless monitoring station can be arranged, all you need is a logger and applicable sensor(s). This self providing data logger is costs saving, because you don’t need: a) solar panels, b) big batteries and c) encapsulating cabinet.
Please contact us or one of our distributors for product inquiries.
ML-017 standalone data logger features
- Data logging
› 1 second to 1 day intervals
› regular, alarm and independent intervals
› 8GB industrial grade micro SD-Card (file storage), 512kB FLASH (program storage), 64kB SRAM (runtime memory)
- 5x analog inputs (12 bit resolution & <0.2% FS accuracy)
› 2x current loop inputs (0/4..20mA)
› 2x voltage inputs (0..10V)
› 1x voltage/potentiometer input (0..3.3V, max. 10Mohm) a/o to connect a wind direction sensor
- 3x digital inputs (0..5V)
› State mode (on/off)
› Alarm mode
› Trigger mode (measurement, data push, camera picture)
› Pulse counter mode (max 10kHz), e.g. to connect a flow meter, rain gauge or reed relay based wind speed sensor
› Activity counter mode, e.g. to monitor pump running hours
- Internal sensors (a/o battery, processor temperature, signal strength)
- 8x calculation channels, to derive engineering values from sensed values using mathematical operators and functions (e.g. cos, sin, atan2, ln, sqrt).
- 8x aggregation channels, min/max, average, gust, std dev, rate of change and up to 3 different percentiles sampled at 1Hz max.
- 1x Serial port for connecting external sensors (RS-232, RS-485 or SDI-12)
- Serial port drivers
› ASCII: Sensors autonomously outputting readable lines of numeric values
› MODBUS: Read-out value registers from MODBUS (RTU/ASCII) slave devices
› NMEA-0183: Sensors outputting standard and custom sentences
› SDI-12: Read-out of up to 16 devices with up to 20 parameters per device using aC!, aM!, aCx! or aMx! commands
- 1x digital open collector alarm output to switch on a relay in case a parameter value is outside its limits (e.g. a high water level)
- Data push (when equipped with ML-OA-WIFI option board)
› 1 minute to 1 day intervals
› regular and alarm intervals (direct push on alarm raise or fall)
› native txt, json, csv, jpg (pictures) or Sparkplug B payload format
› MQTT(S), HTTP(S) or secure TCP(AES-128)
- Alerts by MQTT (when equipped with ML-OA-WIFI option board)
- Configuration by USB (local), or optional secure TCP tunnel (remote) or optional Bluetooth LE (wireless)
ML-017 standalone data logger specifications
- Power consumption
› 60mA@3.6V average operating1) current during a duty cycle of less than 1 sec2) per log interval.
› 250mA@3.6V average operating current during 20..60 sec. data transfer
› <80uA@3.6V sleep current
› 12V@200mA switchable power outlet to power external sensors
› Configurable daily operation time bracket to limit power consumption (e.g. 07:00AM to 20:00PM or 21:00PM – 06:00AM)
- Power supply options3)
› 1 or 3 D-size 3.6V Lithium battery holders
› 1x 26650 3.2V LiFePO4 battery holder with charger and 1Wp solar panel integrated in cover
› 4x 18650 3.2V LiFePO4 battery holders with charger for 21VOC external solar panel
› 12V battery charger for 21VOC external solar panel
› 8..28V DC-Adapter
› 8..28V DC-Adapter with 3x AA NiMH holders charger for backup
› 8..28V DC-Adapter with D-size 3.6V Lithium backup battery holder
- Rugged and waterproof IP67 enclosure (150x120x130mm)
- Optional pole mounting bracket
- Wide temperature operating range –30°C +75°C
1) 60mA if no external sensors need to be powered.
2) <1 sec. if external sensors are responsive and don’t require time to “warm up”.
3) Batteries not included.
ML-017 standalone data logger accessoires
- Several stackable option boards
- JPEG camera CAM-2.0M
- GPS receiver GPS-E3329
ML-017 relevant documentation
We’ve got you covered
Other useful links
Power consumption calculator
Our online calculator can be used to estimate the battery life of your application or to determine the right settings fitting local solar power yield.
For additional tips, refer to our application notes. These are valuable resources to improve your understanding of our data loggers.
Wireless Bluetooth interface
By adding the tiny ML-OU-BLE option board onto your ML-017 data logger, you can add a wireless Bluetooth interface. Convenient for wireless configuration.
Discover the possibilities
Want to know more about what YDOC can do to help you with your quest for the right data logger? Do not hesitate to get in contact.